- She knew she should usher Langdon from the museum immediately, and yet instinct urged her to the contrary.
- Unfortunately, it was an expensive model equipped with a two-way radio feature, which, contrary to his orders, was now being used by one of his agents to page him.
- The Vatican is made up of deeply pious men who truly believe these contrary documents could only be false testimony.
- The epithet, despite sounding flattering, was quite to the contrary.
- On the contrary, it is quite possible.
- Langdon followed Sophie to the westbound District and Circle Line platform, where she hurried to a pay phone to call the police, despite Rémy’s warning to the contrary.
There are no more uses of "contrary" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We will not allow members to act contrary to our code of ethics.
- What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say to the contrary.
Go to more samples