- But then he noted the shaft protruding from the cruciform was prismatic and triangular.
- Among Rosslyn’s numerous mysteries was a vaulted archway from which hundreds of stone blocks protruded, jutting down to form a bizarre multifaceted surface.
- Casual visitors assumed this oddly protruding wall was a section of the chapel that had not been finished.
- The miniature structure itself protrudes up through the floor as though it were the tip of an iceberg—the apex, of an enormous, pyramidical vault, submerged below like a hidden chamber.
- A dramatic, circular edifice with a daunting facade, a central turret, and a protruding nave off one side, the church looked more like a military stronghold than a place of worship.
- The massive orb protruding from the face of the pyramid was carved in basso-relievo and depicted all kinds of heavenly bodies—constellations, signs of the zodiac, comets, stars, and planets.
There are no more uses of "protrude" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- metal spikes protrude from the dog’s collar
- operate to repair the muscle wall through which the hernia protrudes
Go to more samples