- We used to play Tarot cards for fun, and my indicator card always turned out to be from the suit of pentacles.
- The Compass Rose—drawn on almost every map—indicated North, East, South, and West.
- He saw no cracks or markings to indicate a movable tile, so he began rapping softly with his knuckles on the floor.
- The sun’s rays, shining through the oculus on the south wall, moved farther down the line every day, indicating the passage of time, from solstice to solstice.
- At the moment, however, Mickey’s arms were skewed at an awkward angle, indicating an equally awkward hour.
- If we unlock the keystone, I am certain we will discover a map that indicates we have moved in the proper direction.
- The Romans hung a rose over meetings to indicate the meeting was confidential.
- Langdon examined the cruciform key again, holding it to the window, bringing it close to his eyes in an effort to find any markings on it that might indicate where the key had been made.
- Most modern Semitic alphabets have no vowels and use nekkudot—tiny dots and dashes written either below or within the consonants—to indicate what vowel sound accompanies them.
- The idea that the cryptex had been designed by Leonardo da Vinci—former Grand Master of the Priory of Sion—shone as another tantalizing indicator that this was indeed the Priory keystone.
- Now gripping the stone tube, Sophie double-checked that all of the letters were properly aligned with the indicator.
- From Da Vinci’s notebook on polemics and speculation," Teabing said, indicating one quote in particular.
- The Tarot indicator suit for feminine divinity is pentacles, Langdon thought, realizing that if Saunière had been stacking his granddaughter’s deck for fun, pentacles was an apropos inside joke.
- Although Saunière’s poem clearly indicated Rosslyn, Langdon was not sure what to do now that they had arrived.
There are no more uses of "indicate" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- These maps are drawn with north to the top unless otherwise indicated.
- She did not indicate which candidate she supports.
Go to more samples