- The Holy See worked hard to retain a veil of mystery, even for its highest clergy.
- Malleus Maleficarum—or The Witches’ Hammer—indoctrinated the world to "the dangers of freethinking women" and instructed the clergy how to locate, torture, and destroy them.
- Not a fan of the current papal administration, Aringarosa, like most conservative clergy, had watched with grave concern as the new Pope settled into his first year in office.
- Nonetheless, he is correct about the modern clergy believing these opposing documents are false testimony.
- Why would members of the Catholic clergy murder Priory members in an effort to find and destroy documents they believe are false testimony anyway?
- Yes, the clergy in Rome are blessed with potent faith, and because of this, their beliefs can weather any storm, including documents that contradict everything they hold dear.
There are no more uses of "clergy" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Under labor law, the clergy can be required to uphold the beliefs of the religion they have chosen.
- She was looking clean as clergy.
Go to more samples
Robert Newton Peck -- A Day No Pigs Would Die