- Basically, the conflict is a religious one, however much it may be disguised.
- They know that we represent reason and science, and however confident they may be in their beliefs, they fear that we will overthrow their gods.
- However, I will try and get a statement from my-superiors— which may satisfy you and perhaps placate the Freedom League.
- Perhaps that was the trouble: in the years of retirement, however many they might be, he would have no further goals to give any zest to life.
- He did not believe that there was my biological form, however strange, which he could not accept Lii time and, perhaps, even find beautiful.
- Don’t omit any derail, however trivial it seems.
- We can, however, make this definite promise, which should give you some satisfaction.
- However, we did get this.
- On the whole, however, this did not annoy anyone except the scientists.
- In this age, however, nothing could be deduced concerning the social status of the guests from their modes of transport.
Show more again
- Besides radio waves of very high frequency, it used far infra-red-all waves, in fact, which we were sure no creature could possibly see, however weird an eye it had.
- From as clOse as this, however, some of the illusion vanished.
- However, it can’t possibly last.
- This time, however, the whole gathering was polarized towards a centre of attraction.
- However, there seemed something familiar about him, and suddenly George guessed the truth.
- There were, however, a few exceptions.
- However, she seemed perfectly willing to act as a recorder.
- However, I’d like to carry out the experiment in these rather-ah— peculiar circumstances.
- The material is so selective, however, that one cannot use it for sampling purposes.
- However, Jan was not concerned with the mechanism of paraphysics: he was only interested in using the results.
- In $ few days, however, he must make his choice.
- No inspection of the whale, however close, could reveal its secret.
- — There would, however, be a considerable change of atmospheric pressure.
- When it came, however, it was fairly mild.
- It was slightly disturbing, however, to discover that there was a kitchen.
- It was another month, however, before Jean ceased to pine for the car, and discovered all the things one could do with one’s own kitchen.
- However, the fact that such devices still existed meant that nothing could be hidden from the Overlords if they really wanted to see it.
- It is todo something, however small it may be, better than anyone else.
- Even before these impersonal electric minds had arrived at their conclusions, however, the Inspector had given his own recommendations.
- However long their lives, It was hard to believe that the Overlords would willingly cut themselves off from their home for all the decades consumed on an interstellar voyage.
- He did not, however, seem to object to the some-what challenging statements that had been thrown at him, or the criticisms of his race’s policy with regard to Earth which they implied.
- That, however, was hardly surprising, for she had so far seen nothing of the world beyond the plastic panels of her cot, and had, as yet, very little suspicion that such a place existed.
- It was observed, however, that after the concert Thanthalteresco sought out the three composers who had been present, and complimented them all on what he called their "great ingenuity".
There are no more uses of "however" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: However, complications may...
despite that (Used to connect contrasting ideas. Other synonyms could include in spite of that, nevertheless, nonetheless, and on the other hand.)
as in: However much she tried...
to whatever degree (regardless of how much)
as in: However you do it, get it done!
in whatever way