- He wondered what had happened to the blind Welsh-man and his confederates, and how they had reacted to his abrupt departure.
- Abruptly, he threw back his head and laughed as he had not done for years.
- "I shall stay," said Jan abruptly.
- Van Ryberg paused, then added abruptly, "Are you still sure it’s a good idea to see him?
- "Listen," said Pieter abruptly, "I’ve just thought of something.
- "Karellen," he said abruptly, "I’ll draft out the statement and send it up to you for approval.
- "Incidentally," said Rupert, changing the subject abruptly, "if you think this is a big job, you should see the commission Sullivan’s got.
There are no more uses of "abrupt" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: an abrupt change
sudden and unexpected
as in: she is abrupt
rude or unfriendly because of using too few words or moving too quickly