- Let us hold a parliament of owls.
- And what I want to say is this, that I’m the King’s man; and if this parliament of owls is any sort of plot against the King, I’m having nothing to do with it.
- Ever since the owls’ parliament began she had been yawning terribly and now she had dropped off.
- CHAPTER FOUR A PARLIAMENT OF OWLS IT is a very funny thing that the sleepier you are, the longer you take about getting to bed; especially if you are lucky enough to have a fire in your room.
- If this owls’ parliament, as you call it, is all fair and above board and means no mischief, why does it have to be so jolly secret— meeting in a ruin in dead of night, and all that?
- One or two owls added that even here in the ruined tower it wasn’t nearly so dark as it had been when they began, and that the parliament had been going on quite long enough.
- And when they found she wasn’t much good even at that, they got her into Parliament where she lived happily ever after.
There are no more uses of "parliament" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Throughout Europe, parliaments are debating how much power to give to the European Union.
- The Sheik of Kuwait was admired for voluntarily creating a parliament to share power with him.
Go to more samples