- His expression was solemn,
- "Not half so curious as himself," said Eustace solemnly.
- Musicians, hidden somewhere in the crowd, began to play solemn, triumphal music.
- They are solemn, majestic people, full of ancient wisdom which they learn from the stars, not easily made either merry or angry; but their anger is terrible as a tidal wave when it comes.
- "Well, children," she said, "you have a wise, solemn old guide with you.
There are no more uses of "solemn" in the book.
Show samples from other sources