- And we gave those troublesome giants on the frontier such a good beating last summer that they pay us tribute now.
- Firstly I find no record that the tribute due from these Islands to the crown of Narnia has been received for about a hundred and fifty years.
- "I also find it very clearly written in our laws," Caspian went on, "that if the tribute is not delivered the whole debt has to be paid by the Governor of the Lone Islands out of his private purse."
- "As for you, my Lord," he said to Gumpas, "I forgive you your debt for the tribute.
There are no more uses of "tribute" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Such a look from another man would merit a slap, but from Keenan, it's more tribute than insult.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- I will speak first of our ancestors, for it is right and seemly that now, when we are lamenting the dead, a tribute should be paid to their memory.
Go to more samples
Thucydides -- Pericles's Funeral Oration