- Though they seemed able to breathe terrestrial air, they sometimes carried small cylinders of gas from which they refreshed themselves occasionally.
- As a result his head was a mere two metres from the ground, and George had a unique chance of studying extra-terrestrial biology.
- Unfortunately, as he knew little about terrestrial biology, he was not able to learn much that he did not already know.
- It was obvious that little could be learned from a study of this primitive vehicle, even if its owners handed it over without reservation to inquisitive terrestrial scientists.
- They had taken him across in a ship no larger than a terrestrial airliner.
- Jan had spent several hours here, talking into a recording device while the Overlords presented various terrestrial objects to him.
- Of course, it might have been a model, enormously enlarged as were microbes and insects in terrestrial museums.
- He had never thought, when he said goodbye to Suffivan eighty terrestrial years ago, that the last generation of mankind was already in the womb.
There are no more uses of "terrestrial" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Unless we’ve launched some kind of classified aircraft, no way this thing is terrestrial."
Rick Yancey -- The 5th Wave
- My own pessimism, my insecurity, was a more terrestrial affair.
Go to more samples
V.S. Naipaul -- A Bend in the River