- I tell you frankly, that thought, that venomous thought, so possessed my heart that it almost swooned with suspense.
- It seemed as if there could be no resisting it; as though I should act like a bug, like a venomous spider, without a spark of pity.
- So I said to him: ’I shall leave them with the warder; if you don’t eat them before evening, it will be that your venomous spite is enough for you!’
- Then why are you dressed up like that?" said Rakitin, with a venomous sneer.
- So he thought it all out beforehand how he would kill him," Katerina Ivanovna pointed out to the court with venomous and malignant triumph.
- Grushenka stared at her and, pausing for an instant, in a vindictive, venomous voice, answered: "We are full of hatred, my girl, you and I!
There are no more uses of "venom" in the book.
To see samples from other sources, click a word sense below:
as in: snake venom
poison created by some insects and animals such as snakes
as in: jealousy-fueled venom
intense feelings of hatred or anger