- He greeted Milo jovially each time they met and, in an excess of contrite generosity, impulsively recommended Major Major for promotion.
- ’That’s good,’ the colonel exclaimed, and stood up jovially.
- Boy, we used to have fun in that fraternity house,’ he recalled peacefully, his corpulent cheeks aglow with the jovial, rubicund warmth of nostalgic recollection.
- ’Oh, I hardly think they’ll do that,’ Aarfy replied with a jovial chuckle, although his symptoms of nervousness increased.
- Colonel Korn chucked Havermeyer under the chin jovially, ignoring him, and then addressed himself to Dunbar and Yossarian in a dry monotone.
- ’But, Milo, you are doing your duty,’ Colonel Cathcart exclaimed with a laugh that thundered jovially.
- Yossarian teased him jovially.
- Aarfy thundered jovially, ’There are hundreds of whores just as good crawling all over the streets.
There are no more uses of "jovial" in the book.
Show samples from other sources