- They were all gone, and he walked right out and moved in wistful dejection through the dark, emptying streets.
- ’It must be nice to live like a vegetable,’ he conceded wistfully.
- ’No, Colonel,’ Milo said, with a long, languishing, wistful sigh, ’it isn’t very good.
There are no more uses of "wistful" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Sitting in her wheelchair, she looked wistfully at the dancers.
- I could see them smiling wistfully at us.
Go to more samples
Nicholas Sparks -- A Walk to Remember