- ’Flying combat missions for General Dreedle is not exactly what I had in mind,’ he explained indulgently with a smooth laugh.
- ’Now I will let you sleep with me,’ she explained cautiously in a manner of apprehensive indulgence.
- Aarfy’s indulgent merriment swelled tremendously.
- The old man laughed indulgently, holding in check a deeper, more explosive delight.
- ’Perche?’ he repeated with an indulgent chuckle.
- ’Oh, no, of course not,’ General Peckem assured him indulgently, with a companionable laugh.
- ’Chaplain, aren’t you stretching things a bit far now?’ he inquired with a smile that was indulgent and unfriendly.
- Major Danby replied indulgently with a superior smile, ’But, Yossarian, suppose everyone felt that way.’
There are no more uses of "indulgent" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Indulgent parents risk spoiling their children.
- Her parents are strict, but her grandparents are indulgent.
Go to more samples