- He was a tall, narrow, disconsolate man who moved with a crabby listlessness.
- With their heads down disconsolately, the chaplain, Major Major and Major Danby moved toward their jeeps in an ostracized group, each holding himself friendlessly several feet away from the other two.
- He stopped walking and glanced about the room disconsolately.
- Doc Daneeka emitted a glum, self-pitying sniff and strolled disconsolately across the tent to help himself to some aspirin and sulphur pills and paint his own throat with Argyrol.
There are no more uses of "disconsolate" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- And each time, when she failed to follow, he returned to the lookout knoll to sit disconsolately for a few minutes before trying again.
Farley Mowat -- Never Cry Wolf
- No words were sold, the market place closed down, and the people grew poor and disconsolate.
Go to more samples
Norton Juster -- The Phantom Tollbooth