- 7 McWATT Ordinarily, Yossarian’s pilot was McWatt, who, shaving in loud red, clean pajamas outside his tent each morning, was one of the odd, ironic, incomprehensible things surrounding Yossarian.
- Comprehension dawned slowly on Colonel Cathcart; when it came, he was struck dumb.
- Major — de Coverley was an ominous, incomprehensible presence who kept him constantly on edge and of whom even Colonel Korn tended to be wary.
- The chaplain would encourage Nately with nods of comprehension or assent, amused by his candor and immaturity.
- Yossarian was puzzled by Doc Daneeka’s inability to comprehend.
- He lost patience entirely with the whole grotesque and incomprehensible melee.
- Colonel Scheisskopf, squinting, moved very close to the map, and for the first time since he entered the room a light of comprehension shed a dim glow over his stolid face.
There are no more uses of "comprehend" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I don’t think she comprehends how dangerous this has become.
- Washington fails to comprehend the change in China’s strategy.
Go to more samples