- "Now, you red-eyed devil," he said, when he had made an opening sufficient for the passage of Buck’s body.
- This was the first time Buck had failed, in itself a sufficient reason to drive Hal into a rage.
- A "miners’ meeting," called on the spot, decided that the dog had sufficient provocation, and Buck was discharged.
- This was sufficient to fling the whole pack forward, pell-mell, crowded together, blocked and confused by its eagerness to pull down the prey.
There are no more uses of "sufficient" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- We have sufficient supplies.
- Is there sufficient cause for a search warrant?
Go to more samples