- It is a saying of the country that an Outside dog starves to death on the ration of the husky
- The pound and a half of sun-dried salmon, which was his ration for each day, seemed to go nowhere.
- A dainty eater, he found that his mates, finishing first, robbed him of his unfinished ration.
- But when Buck finished his ration and returned, he found his nest occupied.
- Hungry as he was, he would not move to receive his ration of fish, which Francois had to bring to him.
- And when, in addition to this, the worn-out huskies pulled weakly, Hal decided that the orthodox ration was too small.
- So he cut down even the orthodox ration and tried to increase the day’s travel.
- It is a saying of the country that an Outside dog starves to death on the ration of the husky, so the six Outside dogs under Buck could do no less than die on half the ration of the husky.
There are no more uses of "ration" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Gasoline was rationed during the 1970s oil embargo.
- During the Second World War, most commodities were rationed, so more resources could be devoted to the war effort.
Go to more samples