- He must have been with the Jesuits, somewhere, Ivan.
- Oh, you stinking Jesuit, who taught you?
- "Get along with you, Jesuits!" he cried to the servants.
- What do you say to that, my fine Jesuit?
- That’s how they speak and write too—the Jesuits, at any rate.
- _ He’s a Jesuit, a Russian one, that is.
- That’s Rome, and not even the whole of Rome, it’s false—those are the worst of the Catholics, the Inquisitors, the Jesuits!
- We know the Jesuits, they are spoken ill of, but surely they are not what you describe?
- I ask you why your Jesuits and Inquisitors have united simply for vile material gain?
- Surely you don’t suppose I am going straight off to the Jesuits, to join the men who are correcting His work?
- More than that, one such standing at the head is enough to create the actual leading idea of the Roman Church with all its armies and Jesuits, its highest idea.
- As an afflicted marquis observed not long ago (he must have been treated by a specialist) in confession to his spiritual father—a Jesuit.
- That’s how the Jesuits talk, isn’t it?
- But I swear that’s the genuine Jesuit casuistry and I swear that it all happened word for word as I’ve told you.
- Those Jesuit confessionals are really my most delightful diversion at melancholy moments.
There are no more uses of "Jesuit" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The University of Detroit Jesuit High School and Academy is an outstanding college-prep school.
- He is a Jesuit professor of theology at Georgetown University.
Go to more samples