- Over the hurdle in the garden, Dmitri, mounted on something, was leaning forward, gesticulating violently, beckoning to him, obviously afraid to utter a word for fear of being overheard.
- He beckoned me, and I went up to him.
- He looked happy, his eyes beamed and sought us, he smiled at us, beckoned us.
- She beckoned to him with a happy smile.
- Seeing Mitya, she beckoned him to her, and when he ran to her, she grasped his hand tightly.
- She became very talkative, kept calling every one to her, and beckoned to different girls out of the chorus.
- And his heart glowed, and he struggled forward towards the light, and he longed to live, to live, to go on and on, towards the new, beckoning light, and to hasten, hasten, now, at once!
- Smerdyakov!" the old man wheezed, scarcely audibly, beckoning to him with his finger.
- Perezvon," called Ilusha suddenly, snapping his thin fingers and beckoning to the dog.
There are no more uses of "beckon" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I should be studying, but television beckons me.
- The police officer beckoned me to come over.
Go to more samples