- I knew, too, that she was fond of money, that she hoarded it, and lent it at a wicked rate of interest, that she’s a merciless cheat and swindler.
- And there’s a lot of swindling in America, too, I expect.
- He swindled his own son and spent his money, his maternal inheritance, on trying to get his mistress from him.
- That’s all very charming; but if you want to swindle why do you want a moral sanction for doing it?
- Serve him right, the swindler!
- He can’t bring himself to swindle without a moral sanction.
There are no more uses of "swindle" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She stole over a million dollars in her biggest swindle.
- She was swindled out of her college savings.
Go to more samples