- "I’ve been waiting for you for the last hour, Krassotkin," said Smurov stolidly, and the boys strode towards the market-place.
- The two merchants looked respectable, but were strangely silent and stolid.
- Smerdyakov was stolidly silent for a while.
- "A black nose, that means he’ll be fierce, a good house-dog," Kolya observed gravely and stolidly, as if the only thing he cared about was the puppy and its black nose.
There are no more uses of "stolid" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She listened to both arguments thoughtfully, but with a face as stolid as a cow’s.
- She has a stolid, humorless personality.
Go to more samples