- You are a steadfast person, Alexey.
- Besides all this, Alyosha had till the evening before implicitly believed that Katerina Ivanovna had a steadfast and passionate love for Dmitri; but he had only believed it till the evening before.
- He loved his God and believed in Him steadfastly, though he was suddenly murmuring against Him.
- To this I reply again, "Yes! my hero had faith, a faith holy and steadfast, but still I am not going to apologize for him."
- But yet there was reigning in his soul a sense of the wholeness of things—something steadfast and comforting—and he was aware of it himself.
- He was of humble origin, of strong will and steadfast faith, of austere appearance, but of deep tenderness, though he obviously concealed it as though he were almost ashamed of it.
- There were signs of a spiritual transformation in her, and a steadfast, fine and humble determination that nothing could shake could be discerned in her.
- Yet the whole still stands steadfast before their eyes, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
There are no more uses of "steadfast" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- But then, that’s who Helene is: Her faith is steadfast.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- Moving apace with the river was a long single-file line of men, eyes aimed at their feet, shoulders tense, walking steadfastly nowhere.
Go to more samples
Gillian Flynn -- Gone Girl