- It was rather thin, his cheeks were hollow, and there was an unhealthy sallowness in their color.
- He thought her great glowing black eyes were very fine, especially with her pale, even rather sallow, longish face.
- She was very much changed—thinner and a little sallow, though she had for the past fortnight been well enough to go out.
- Her pale, sallow face was suddenly contorted, her eyes burned.
There are no more uses of "sallow" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The illness has sallowed her face
- She was a thin, sallow, sickly, and nervous woman
Go to more samples
Leo Tolstoy -- Anna Karenina