- His face was suddenly solemn and impressive, which gave him a positively malignant look.
- Remembering that now, he smiled quietly and malignantly, hesitating for a moment.
- Ivan went on in the same whisper, with a malignant grimace.
- The words broke involuntarily, and almost malignantly, from Dmitri.
- Fyodor Pavlovitch did not catch, or would not catch, the malignancy, but he caught the smile.
- "There was no smell of corruption from the late elder Varsonofy, but a sweet fragrance," they recalled malignantly.
- Some of the latter shook their heads mournfully, but others did not even care to conceal the delight which gleamed unmistakably in their malignant eyes.
- "This is he who should be an elder," others added malignantly.
- But there was nothing in his heart such as Rakitin, for instance, watching him malignantly from his corner, might have expected or fancied.
- He looked intently at "the boy" and smiled gloomily and malignantly.
- "He sat in pride," the most malignant declared vindictively; "he considered himself a saint and he took it as his due when people knelt before him."
- Mitya seized his hand to press it, but there was a malignant gleam in the old man’s eye.
- Ivan snarled malignantly.
- He was an example of everything that is opposed to civic duty, of the most complete and malignant individualism.
- He laughed malignantly.
- Well, I dare say you do understand, since you blurt it out at the first word," said Rakitin, malignantly.
- So he thought it all out beforehand how he would kill him," Katerina Ivanovna pointed out to the court with venomous and malignant triumph.
- "You force me to go to that damned Tchermashnya yourself, then?" cried Ivan, with a malignant smile.
There are no more uses of "malignant" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Gey and his wife, Margaret, had spent the last three decades working to grow malignant cells outside the body, hoping to use them to find cancer’s cause and cure.
Rebecca Skloot -- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
- He hit it [the shark] without hope but with resolution and complete malignancy.
Go to more samples
Ernest Hemingway -- The Old Man and the Sea