- "Poetry is rubbish!" said Smerdyakov curtly.
- He told it dryly and curtly.
- "I know you are in a hurry to get to the prison," Lise said curtly, "and mamma’s kept you there for hours; she’s just been telling you about me and Yulia."
- Apropos of her acquaintance with Fyodor Pavlovitch, she remarked curtly, "That’s all nonsense, and was it my fault that he would pester me?"
- Both times Krassotkin met him with a curt, impatient refusal, sending Alyosha a message not to bother him any more, that if he came himself, he, Krassotkin, would not go to Ilusha at all.
There are no more uses of "curt" in the book.
Show samples from other sources