- That question you have not answered, and it is your great grief, for it clamors for an answer.
- At that moment a fearful noise and clamor was heard in the hall, there were violent shouts, the door was flung open, and Dmitri burst into the room.
- But instead of going away altogether, he fell to knocking again with all his might, filling the street with clamor.
- He did not notice that the bell had ceased ringing, nor did he notice that the songs had ceased, and that instead of singing and drunken clamor there was absolute stillness in the house.
- You ought to know yourself what you want with him, if you make such a clamor about him.
There are no more uses of "clamor" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She ignored the clamor of the crowd.
- Noisy clamor gave way to reasoned dialogue.
Go to more samples