- And suddenly she hid her face in her hand and went off into irresistible, prolonged, nervous, inaudible laughter.
- He went into Father Zossima’s bedroom, knelt down, and bowed to the ground before the elder, who slept quietly without stirring, with regular, hardly audible breathing and a peaceful face.
- He instantly turned round in his chair, and suddenly laughed, not his abrupt wooden laugh, but a long, quivering, inaudible nervous laugh.
- But when she had finished, he suddenly cried in a sobbing voice: "Katya, why have you ruined me?" and his sobs were audible all over the court.
- When the prosecutor mentioned Rakitin’s opinion of her, a smile of contempt and anger passed over his face and he murmured rather audibly, "The Bernards!"
- Sounds of approval and laughter, at the expense of the prosecutor, were again audible in the court.
- Smerdyakov!" the old man wheezed, scarcely audibly, beckoning to him with his finger.
There are no more uses of "audible" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She spoke in a barely audible whisper.
- It was so quiet, our breathing was the only thing audible in the room.
Go to more samples