- "Perfectly true," Father Paissy, the silent and learned monk, assented with fervor and decision.
- "You’re quite right in saying it’s characteristic of the people’s faith," Ivan assented, with an approving smile.
- "Yes, I approve of it," Ivan assented, in a subdued but firm voice.
- Nikolay Parfenovitch bent his head in assent.
- I’ve had that unpleasant experience," Maximov modestly assented, "with a monsieur.
- "That’s true," assented Pan Vrublevsky.
- "Begin, panie," Mitya assented, pulling his notes out of his pocket, and laying two hundred-rouble notes on the table.
- "You can speak," Nikolay Parfenovitch assented.
- "Of course you may," Krassotkin assented heartily, and, taking the cannon from Ilusha, he handed it himself to mamma with a polite bow.
- "That’s true," assented Smurov suddenly, in a ringing tone of conviction.
- "There has been a change," Grushenka assented quickly.
- Mitya assented, frowning.
- "Yes," Alyosha assented bitterly.
- "No, it’s no use, it’s awful," Kolya assented.
- You’re quite right there, prosecutor," Mitya assented suddenly.
There are no more uses of "assent" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She takes my silence as assent.
Sabaa Tahir -- An Ember in the Ashes
- Their murmurs of assent and disapproval gave her a sense of order and rightness.
Go to more samples
Dave Eggers -- The Circle