- Mr. Pontellier had the privilege of quitting their society when they ceased to be entertaining.
- Mrs. Pontellier gave over being astonished, and concluded that wonders would never cease.
- The old owl no longer hooted, and the water-oaks had ceased to moan as they bent their heads.
- The voice of the sea is seductive; never ceasing, whispering, clamoring, murmuring, inviting the soul to wander for a spell in abysses of solitude; to lose itself in mazes of inward contemplation.
- The voice of the sea is seductive, never ceasing, whispering, clamoring, murmuring, inviting the soul to wander in abysses of solitude.
There are no more uses of "cease" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- They signed a cease-fire agreement.
- They agreed to a temporary cease-fire so non-combatants could leave the area.
Go to more samples