- "But for the fun of it," persisted Edna.
- "At what time this afternoon?" persisted the old gentleman, with nagging determination, as if he were cross-questioning a criminal in a court of justice.
- Edna tapped her foot impatiently, and wondered why the children persisted in playing in the sun when they might be under the trees.
- "Immense, I tell you," persisted Madame Ratignolle, surveying the sketches one by one, at close range, then holding them at arm’s length, narrowing her eyes, and dropping her head on one side.
- "No," persisted Edna; "but you go on.
There are no more uses of "persist" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The child persisted in asking questions despite my obvious desire to be left alone.
- We expect the conditions to persist into next year.
Go to more samples