- He did not mind the entreaty, but the tone with its delicate note of pathos was like a reproach.
- He reproached his wife with her inattention, her habitual neglect of the children.
- Only Beaudelet remained behind, tinkering at his boat, and Mariequita walked away with her basket of shrimps, casting a look of childish ill humor and reproach at Robert from the corner of her eye.
- The Colonel reproached his daughter for her lack of filial kindness and respect, her want of sisterly affection and womanly consideration.
- If he had expected to find her languishing, reproachful, or indulging in sentimental tears, he must have been greatly surprised.
- There was her husband’s reproach looking at her from the external things around her which he had provided for her external existence.
- There was Robert’s reproach making itself felt by a quicker, fiercer, more overpowering love, which had awakened within her toward him.
There are no more uses of "reproach" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She reproached him for being thoughtless and lazy.
- Don’t reproach yourself for things beyond your control.
Go to more samples