- ’If Mrs. Pontellier should call upon you, play for her that Impromptu of Chopin’s, my favorite.
- "No, and again, no." "Then play the Impromptu for me."
- Show me the letter and play for me the Impromptu.
- Play the Impromptu.
- Gradually and imperceptibly the interlude melted into the soft opening minor chords of the Chopin Impromptu.
- Edna did not know when the Impromptu began or ended.
- Mademoiselle had glided from the Chopin into the quivering love notes of Isolde’s song, and back again to the Impromptu with its soulful and poignant longing.
There are no more uses of "impromptu" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- In one picture, which seems like the most recent but still looks a few years dated, his dad has his arms around the two boys, and he’s squeezing them together for an impromptu photo.
Colleen Hoover -- Slammed
- I hesitate for a split second, long enough to place the tune—Frank Sinatra, "New York, New York"—and say a prayer of thanks that the Pugs aren’t witness to my mom’s impromptu performance.
Go to more samples
Lauren Oliver -- Before I Fall