- Trojans and Latians vie with like desires To make the field of battle shine with fires, And the promiscuous blaze to heav’n aspires.
- Still pressing onward, to the walls he drew, Where shafts, and spears, and darts promiscuous flew, And sanguine streams the slipp’ry ground embrue.
- Now, studious of the sight, a num’rous throng Of either sex promiscuous, old and young, Swarm the town: by those who rest behind, The gates and walls and houses’ tops are lin’d.
There are no more uses of "promiscuous" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She has a reputation as a promiscuous party girl.
- He acquired genital herpes during a period of promiscuity in his youth.
Go to more samples