- Make haste to save the poor remaining crew, And give this useless corpse a long adieu.
- No look, no last adieu before he went, In an ill-boding hour to slaughter sent!
- "With tears I took my last adieu, and said: ’Your fortune, happy pair, already made, Leaves you no farther wish.
There are no more uses of "adieu" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Only adieu, mon plaisir, may we meet again.
Fyodor Dostoyevsky -- Crime and Punishment
- You can perhaps think it is a little thing, Stingo, but it is to permit someone to die without a farewell, an adieu, a single word of comfort or understanding that is so terrible to bear.
Go to more samples
William Styron -- Sophie’s Choice