- His guileful father, sent a nightly spy,
- But truly tell, was it for force or guile, Or some religious end, you rais’d the pile?’
- The guileful god about the hero long, With children’s play, and false embraces, hung; Then sought the queen: she took him to her arms With greedy pleasure, and devour’d his charms.
- The guileful phantom now forsook the shroud, And flew sublime, and vanish’d in a cloud.
There are no more uses of "guile" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Her cleverness and inventiveness was exceeded only by her guile.
- She had a guilelessness sometimes found in a young child being raised in a protective home.
Go to more samples