- If you in pity grant this one request, My death shall glut the hatred of his breast.
- Mix’d with the Greeks, we go with ill presage, Flatter’d with hopes to glut our greedy rage; Unknown, assaulting whom we blindly meet, And strew with Grecian carcasses the street.
- Torn by wild horses on the sandy shore, Another’s crimes th’ unhappy hunter bore, Glutting his father’s eyes with guiltless gore.
- Or does my glutted spleen at length relent?
- No more, my friend; Here let our glutted execution end.
- Now let him perish, since you hold it good, And glut the Trojans with his pious blood.
- Not such the Trojans tried me, when, inclos’d, I singly their united arms oppos’d: First forc’d an entrance thro’ their thick array; Then, glutted with their slaughter, freed my way.
There are no more uses of "glut" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The city has a glut of office space.
- Patients are easily confused by a glut of unvetted information on the Internet.
Go to more samples