- What Diomede, nor Thetis’ greater son, A thousand ships, nor ten years’ siege, had doneFalse tears and fawning words the city won.
- Whom Ancus follows, with a fawning air, But vain within, and proudly popular.
- The triple porter of the Stygian seat, With lolling tongue, lay fawning at thy feet, And, seiz’d with fear, forgot his mangled meat.
- Intrepid on her swelling dugs they hung; The foster dam loll’d out her fawning tongue: They suck’d secure, while, bending back her head, She lick’d their tender limbs, and form’d them as they fed.
There are no more uses of "fawn" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She fawns all over her children.
- It’s disgusting to watch her fawn over everything her boss says while she hopes for a promotion.
Go to more samples