- Let not my pray’rs a doubtful answer find; But in clear auguries unveil thy mind.’
- Dire auguries from hence the Trojans draw; Till neither fires nor shining shores they saw.
- Now take this earnest of success, for more: Your scatter’d fleet is join’d upon the shore; The winds are chang’d, your friends from danger free; Or I renounce my skill in augury.
- At length he rais’d his cheerful head, and spoke: "The pow’rs," said he, "the pow’rs we both invoke, To you, and yours, and mine, propitious be, And firm our purpose with their augury!
There are no more uses of "augury" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Once again (I speak now from the vantage point of hindsight) Nathan was dealing in small auguries of the world to come.
William Styron -- Sophie’s Choice
- The magistrate observed me with a keen eye and of course drew an unfavourable augury from my manner.
Go to more samples
Mary Shelley -- Frankenstein