- Aghast, astonish’d, and struck dumb with fear, I stood; like bristles rose my stiffen’d hair.
- Aghast he wak’d; and, starting from his bed, Cold sweat, in clammy drops, his limbs o’erspread.
- Aghast she looks, and heaves her breast for breath, Panting, and pale with fear of future death.
- The foes, surpris’d with wonder, stood aghast; Messapus curb’d his fiery courser’s haste; Old Tiber roar’d, and, raising up his head, Call’d back his waters to their oozy bed.
There are no more uses of "aghast" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She stepped back aghast at the behavior.
- Her employer looked aghast and fired her on the spot.
Go to more samples