- A red spot of light and a purple one rested respectively upon two genuine gargoyles squatting at the corners of a fireplace that had never been used.
- He had time to note a genuine Roman statue in a corner, sepia photographs of the Parthenon, of Rheims Cathedral, of Versailles and of the Frink National Bank Building with the eternal torch.
- She did not look disgusted; she looked genuinely puzzled.
- Then the smile vanished, and Francon’s face looked earnest, peaceful, frankly aged, in one of his rare flashes of genuine dignity.
- The gratitude was genuine—a payment for a lesson he would never need again.
- The Prudential Bank Building, which is genuine Palladio.
- For a moment, Roark had no strength to answer; but he saw that the question was genuine; Wynand didn’t know.
- We’ll have an ornamented stringcourse," said Francon with calm, genuine authority.
There are no more uses of "genuine" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- I am genuinely sorry for what I did.
- She has a genuine interest in each of her students.
Go to more samples