- He built a great many memorials and capitols.
- Besides, I’m not even supposed to write about capitols.
- A scale model of the new state capitol stood displayed on a pedestal in the middle of the room, ablaze with tiny electric bulbs.
- Keating expressed his admiration for the capitol and escaped to examine the model.
- He felt, however, that he had to attend this time, because the occasion was to be in honor of the completion of one more capitol by Ralston Holcombe in some state or another.
- "Entre nous," said Francon, winking at the model of the capitol, "it’s a holy mess, isn’t it?"
- But really that capitol of Holcombe’s is much worse in all those very things that you blasted us for.
- Because that capitol of his is so awful that to pan it would have been an anticlimax.
- You know, I told Ralston tonight what I really thought of his capitol, but he wouldn’t believe me.
- Ralston Holcombe was magnificent as a state capitol, and Gordon L. Prescott was very masculine as a grain elevator.
There are no more uses of "capitol" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The Capitol Visitor’s Center cost over $600 million.
- The US Capitol Mall runs from the Capitol Building to the Lincoln Memorial with the Washington Monument in the middle.
Go to more samples