- Once he stayed there for two days and two nights in succession.
- In the next two days a succession of witnesses testified for the plaintiff.
- Then, one day, at various times, a succession of young boys, painfully combed and unconvincingly washed, came to visit the reading room.
- The succession of his mistresses was so rapid that it ceased to be gossip.
- At the end there’s nothing left, nothing unreversed or unbetrayed; as if there had never been an entity, only a succession of adjectives fading in and out on an unformed mass.
- Try staying awake for three nights in succession.
- He heard three statements in his mind, in precise succession, like interlocking gears: It’s spring—I wonder if I have many left to see—I am fifty-five years old.
There are no more uses of "succession" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She survived a succession of catastrophes.
- Some investors are nervous that the founder and CEO is elderly, but others are comforted by a rigorous succession plan.
Go to more samples