- The Dean’s office looked like a chapel, a pool of dreamy twilight fed by one tall window of stained glass.
- The twilight flowed in through the garments of stiff saints, their arms contorted at the elbows.
- Keating left early and walked home through a cold December twilight.
- Keating followed him silently, amused, and said nothing when they were alone in the comfortable twilight of Francon’s car.
- The twilight had washed off the details of the buildings.
- As they drove through the twilight she saw him leaning hesitantly closer to her.
- She flew at random between walls of leaves that melted ahead in the gathering twilight.
- He lifted his cane, once in a while, bracing his legs to stand firm for a moment; with the tip of the cane, he touched a folded green cup and watched it spill a glistening drop in the twilight.
- There was a first hint of twilight in the streets of the city.
- She looked up at the twilight of the ceiling, left untouched above the chandeliers, and she noted how far it was above the guests, how dominant and undisturbed.
There are no more uses of "twilight" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- It is a beautiful picture taken in twilight.
- I awakened to a twilight sky, but did not know if the sun was setting or rising.
Go to more samples