- Mallory poured coffee into a mongrel assortment of cracked cups.
- Without advice, assistance or plan, he began reading an incongruous assortment of books; he would find some passage which he could not understand in one book, and he would get another on that subject.
- Now don’t move, lie flat, the doctor said you must take it easy, you’ve got twenty-six assorted stitches all over you.
- She shuffled across the room, picked somebody’s unfinished drink off the floor, drank the remnant, walked out and came back with an assortment of expensive bottles.
There are no more uses of "assortment" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- a great assortment of cars was on display
- The remainder of the garden presented a well-selected assortment of esculent vegetables, in a praiseworthy state of advancement.
Go to more samples
Hawthorne, Nathaniel -- House Of Seven Gables