- Heller, the fighter against compulsion, was baffled by Roark, a man so impervious to compulsion that he became a kind of compulsion himself, an ultimatum against things Heller could not define.
- It was strange to be conscious of another person’s existence, to feel it as a close, urgent necessity; a necessity without qualifications, neither pleasant nor painful, merely final like an ultimatum.
- Not in the total, undivided way, not with the kind of desire that becomes an ultimatum, ’yes’ or ’no,’ and one can’t accept the ’no’ without ceasing to exist.
- It’s an ultimatum.
There are no more uses of "ultimatum" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The union gave the company an ultimatum-saying they will call a strike if wages are not raised by Monday.
- Russia presented Ukraine with an ultimatum that could not be ignored.
Go to more samples