- "Hello, Peter Keating," said Ellsworth Monkton Toohey in his compelling, magical voice.
- Truth—to the traditions of our Art, Love—for our fellow men whom we are to serve, Beauty—ah, Beauty is a compelling goddess to all artists, be it in the shape of a lovely woman or a building….
- Sitting close to her, he turned and looked at her directly, his glance compelling like an open hint, hoping to make the silence significant between them.
- "I have been thinking of you," she said softly, and stopped, then added, her voice flowing on in the same tone of compelling invitation, "because there’s a bit of a dirty job to be done at my house.
There are no more uses of "compelling" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- The evidence is compelling.
- A law is something which must have a moral basis, so that there is an inner compelling force for every citizen to obey.
Go to more samples