- There was a kind of faint convulsion in the stolid face.
- He had the square, stolid, stubborn face of a tough freight engineer, rather than a company president; the face of a fighter, with a young, tanned skin and graying hair.
- The owner turned impassively to fill her order; there was, in his stolid indifference, the kind of mercifulness that asks no questions.
- He was a man in his fifties, with a square, stolid face.
- It was the stolid Mr. Ward who screamed, "Oh God, no!
There are no more uses of "stolid" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- She listened to both arguments thoughtfully, but with a face as stolid as a cow’s.
- She has a stolid, humorless personality.
Go to more samples