- But had it been possible to choose an ancestor, she would have chosen Nat Taggart, in voluntary homage and with all of her gratitude.
- But if you tell an ugly woman that she is beautiful, you offer her the great homage of corrupting the concept of beauty.
- In his lifetime, the name "Nat Taggart" was not famous, but notorious; it was repeated, not in homage, but in resentful curiosity; and if anyone admired him, it was as one admires a successful bandit.
- She nodded, slowly, holding her head inclined for a long moment hi acquiescence and in homage.
- The only homage I can still pay him is not to cry for forgiveness where no forgiveness is possible.
There are no more uses of "homage" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- They retired jersey #23 in homage to Michael Jordan.
- Members of the community lined the street to pay homage to the fallen soldier.
Go to more samples