- Keith was no longer governor, being superseded by Major Gordon.
- He brought a commission to supersede Mr. Hamilton, who, tir’d with the disputes his proprietary instructions subjected him to, had resign’d.
- Finding me not so forward to engage as he expected, the project was dropt, and he soon after left the government, being superseded by Captain Denny.
- Shirley, tho’ thereby superseded, was present also.
There are no more uses of "supersede" in the book.
Show samples from other sources
- Engineers used slide rules before they were superseded by calculators.
- No method nor discipline can supersede the necessity of being forever on the alert.
Go to more samples
Thoreau, Henry David -- Walden & on the Duty of Civil Disobedience